This is about my love for ze Octopus. Me gusta la octopusa!
I did a little wiki search and here’s what i found; neat things you may already know or not know about Octopuses.
1. Octopuses have three hearts. Two pump blood through each of the two gills, while the third pumps blood through the body.
2. An octopus’s suction cups are equipped with chemoreceptors so that the octopus can taste what it is touching.
3. According to the USDA Nutrient Database (2007), cooked octopus contains approximately 139 calories per three ounce portion, and is a source of vitamin B3, B12, potassium, phosphorus, and selenium
4. Octopuses often escape even from supposedly secure tanks, due to their problem solving skills, mobility and lack of rigid structure.Octopuses are highly intelligent, probably the most intelligent of all invertebrates.
5. Most octopuses can eject a thick blackish ink in a large cloud to aid in escaping from predators. The main colouring agent of the ink is melanin.
6. An octopus has a hard beak, with its mouth at the center point of the arms.
7. When under attack, some octopuses can perform arm autotomy, in a similar manner to the way skinks and other lizards detach their tails. The crawling arm serves as a distraction to would-be predators.
8. There are around 300 recognized octopus species, which is over one-third of the total number of known cephalopod species.All octopuses are venomous, but only the small blue-ringed octopuses are deadly to humans.
We love Munki and Sloth! Apparently, they love us too… in a creepy weird, okay way i guess. ;)
Listen to our podcast done by Munki and Sloth and hear them try to get fresh with us. (It was our very first interview.)
You’ll also be in the know about our kinky gossip and you’ll see just how much the garbage girls really love each other. mmm. gaaaarbage giiirrrls.